5 months of joy


(those dimples. be still my heart.)

I can hardly believe this little guy is now 5 months. I never really appreciated when people said "they grow so fast", but now that I am a mommy I am witnessing it first hand and it sometimes makes me sad. Having said that, mommy-hood is definitely the best thing ever. The sweet little smiles, the little giggles over the silliest things, and that unconditional love and trust they give you. My heart melts every time.

I started working this week and it was the hardest thing to do. I had been a stay at home mom for all 5 months and the strong bond we have created made it so hard for me to go. Needless to say, tears were shed. Yesterday, after only my third day, I decided it was too much to go back to work full-time so suddenly. Brandon wasn't eating right while I was gone, and he was crying a lot. Poor little guy was probably so confused. I spoke to my boss and she agreed to allow me to work only part-time. Yay. I am so relieved, and I know my little guy will be so happy. To me, Brandon will always come first.

Milestones
  • 4/16 first time giggling (he was 3 months)
  • 5/27 reached his footsie with his mouth (he was 4 months)
  • 5/28 held baby bottle by himself (even though he doesn't drink it lol)
  • He sits supported
  • He can do baby sit-ups while I hold his hands
At 5 months old he
  • Sleeps in his big boy crib, no more bassinet :)
  • Wears 12-18 month clothing! He's gonna be a tall boy
  • For the most part sleeps through the night, waking up only once to nurse and right back to sleep
  • Splishes and splashes during bath time
  • Attempts to roll over, it really is the cutest thing to see
  • Barely fits in his baby car seat
  • Eats baby rice cereal with his breast milk, 
  • Has started to drink out of a bottle, sometimes.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS